Parents are the first and foremost educators of their children. We provide an open door policy and a welcoming environment and involve parents in their child’s learning in as many ways as possible through social events, activity sessions and drop in progress sessions and e-mails in addition to be available for a chat on arrival daily.
- Involve parents in shared record keeping about their child, both formally and informally, ensuring that parents have access to all written records on their own children.
- Ensure that parents are given information on a regular basis about their child’s progress and have the opportunity to discuss it with staff.
- Ensure that all parents have opportunities to contribute from their own skills, knowledge and interests to the activities of the group.
- Ensure that all parents are fully informed about meetings, conferences, workshops and training.
- Consult with families about the times of meetings to avoid excluding anyone.
- Hold meetings in venues, which are accessible and appropriate for all.
- Welcome the contribution of parents, whatever forms these may take.
- Provide opportunities for parents to learn about the nursery curriculum and about young children’s learning, in the nursery and at home.